Sunday, September 5, 2010

SO IT'S NOT JUST THE CARAVAN MAN


I love doing things that I love doing again.

Does that make sense?

It may be a security thing - you know, like when you feel out of control with your life, you hang on desperately to the few things you feel like you can control.

But if I really love a movie, I usually love it the 18th time I see it.

When I love a book, I might as well purchase the hard-cover, because I will wear it out (you do NOT want to know how many copies of Pride and Prejudice I have worn out).

So right now I am watching "While You Were Sleeping" for the billionth time.

And there are a couple of classic lines.

"When I told my mother I was getting married to my wife, her intestines exploded. You tell them the truth now, well, you may as shoot grandma."

"He would get these far-off looks in his eyes and he would say 'Life doesn't always turn out the way you plan'. I just wish I'd realized at the time, he was talking about MY life."

"I'd say that she gets under your skin as soon as you meet her. She drives you so nuts you don't know whether to hug her or, or just really arm wrestle her. She would go all the way to Europe just to get a stamp in her passport. I don't know if that amounts to insanity, or just being really, really... likable."
"No, that's not it."

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to... "
"I object."
'I didn't get to that part yet."
"I would have to object too."
"What about you?"
"I'm thinking."

"$45 for a Christmas tree and they don't deliver? You order $10 worth of chow mien from Mr. Wong they bring it to your door."

"Is she all right?"
"She has a little heart problem - she's had three attacks already."
"They weren't attacks, they were episodes!"
"Nothing wrong with her hearing."

"It's just... I never met anyone I could laugh with."

0 comments: