Thursday, September 2, 2010

THERE IS A WHIRLPOOL FORMING RIGHT HERE


I have a operational dishwasher once again. Hallelujah.

I have lived before without a CLOTHES washer (worse reality was with a newborn). I have lived without running water (only hours at a time, thank goodness). I am tough enough to have our air conditioning off during July (hurrah for Arizona winds!) - I have hung laundry on a line.

 
So I have regarded a dishwasher as an unnecessary luxury - a machine just to heat water to a higher temperature and sterilize your plates.
But right now? In August? In Arizona?


No - it is an essential piece of remaining alive.

Because when you are still dealing with 90 degree inside the house during the day, I can think of a thousand things I would rather than do than have my hands soaking in hot dishwasher - can't you?
And I'm also more than a little ticked because the greyhound broke it.

Stretches the imagination just a bit, doesn't it?


But the dishwasher was open, she came racing through the kitchen, and fell on the door, CRASH SMASH BROKEN.

So she just cost me $300.

Do you think maybe I should put her back on the track for just ONE more race and see if I can make it back?

0 comments: