Friday, January 14, 2011

LAUGHTER AT ITS BEST


The most wonderful part of being a grandparent is that it almost always is a part-time job.

You get to hold, hug, hover, and hurrah - but at some point, you also get to go home.

Alone.

Since my own grandchildren are 896 miles away (give or take a mile or so), I occasionally play Grannie to a little one at church.

And yes, I do try to pick a baby off of the most exhausted or frustrated young mother at services.

Sunday, I indulged my insane inclination to baby-nap, and took over one of my favorite babies - Obadiah (cool name, eh?) - in Sunday School.

And could not keep myself from making him giggle - again, and again, and again.

Which made everyone in the class smile - again, and again, and again.

It was great.

We need to do more giggling at church.

And since I work with 14 and 15 year old girls at church, I get to do a lot of it already.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh man, I wish you would come visit my ward. I need an extra Grannie.