Sunday, October 21, 2007

Am I shouting? Is this too loud for everyone?

My husband contends that I am always speaking too softly - I think he doesn't want to admit any of HIS hearing loss.

We have a deaf sister in our ward, and although it's very interesting to watch her translator(s) throughout church, it's also making me appreciate more and more what hearing I do have left. It's still difficult when people who don't know me sit on my right side, and then think I'm simply ignoring them (although in some cases it might be the best thing to do). I have resigned myself to simply missing a lot of conversations. But as my daughter can testify, it's annoying as heck when I do respond to what I think someone has said... and am totally off!

I am setting forth some new goals this week to simply get/keep myself moving. This past week has been nothing much than a struggle to keep the kleenex one step ahead of my sinus, and at last I've found some medicine that seems to work... for at least an hour and a half. I have way too many things I want, not just need, to get done. Let us see if anything changes.

0 comments: