Saturday, October 20, 2007

I love watching old Gene Kelly movies. Ridiculous plots, very bad acting, horrible sets. but WONDERFUL dance scenes. In some ways, I wish I had been born forty years earlier when everyone learned to actually dance. Unfortunately, my generation began gyrating instead, and it's just stayed that way (any questions about that, visit Harmony's blog and watch her 'evolution of dance').

Today has been alternating between emptying tissue boxes and catnapping. And I mean 'catnapping' literally - whenever I actually do get to sleep, my cat decides that right then and there, he deserves attention, plops on top of me, and purrs so much when I wake up that I can't really get mad at him.

My middle child turned 26 today. I remember how upset my mom was when I (the youngest) turned 25 - maybe it will hit me next year when my son turns 25. Right now I sincerely LOVE the fact that my kids are all adults... well, at least legally. I decided quite a while ago to never get old, but I enjoy so much that they are making adult decisions... and without asking me! Heavenly Father blessed with three just basically decent kids - He knows my limitations.

0 comments: