Friday, October 19, 2007

It is so difficult to deal with an unthankful individual. I can appreciate more and more how gratitude, counting your blessings, appreciating what you do have instead of what you don't - all these put you closer to God, to His Spirit. We all moan and groan about our impossible loads and trials and aches and pains, and while this is completely acceptable for therapy (especially my personal long-distance phone counselor - yes, you know who you are), it ends up clogging our personal communications/prayers with others and with Heavenly Father.

Yesterday I compared someone's attitude to a huge air filter, that is completely clogged and stuffed with junk... but it's with their own, personal junk - and they have no desire to clean it out in any way, shape or form. Getting the air filter cleaned or at least partially accessible is taken as a security breach - an attack on their protection system.

Yes, I know - I need to take my own advice more often. There are so many wonderful, beautiful things in each of our universes, and it makes our worlds much brighter if we try to focus on those positive bits.

Live and learn, eg?

0 comments: