Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It's amazing what can be accomplished when one of your children is involved in the main CNN Headline News story for two to three days. Watching the S. California brush fires steadily getting closer and closer to where Harmony and Blake live, and become more and more convinced that their place was going to burn to the ground, it provided the perfect stimulant to make me 1) clear out my study (my equivalent to a garage - where you stick all your junk), 2) wash just about EVERthing in the house besides clothes (blankets, sheets, pillows, and more blankets), 3) advertise for someone to take my cat away for my known-allergic daughter (and have three names on file of people who will take Leader-Of-The-Known-World aka Pandora) and 4) FINALLY move some furniture that had needed to be moved for a couple of years.

Unfortunately, with all this wonderful bursts of energy, I have also fallen prey to stress-eating - although chocolate is a major food group, I have gone way beyond my month's worth of calories in three days. Extra-long walks with the horses and moving very heavy hide-a-beds (do you realize that I can actually sleep eight other people in this house?) haven't compensated for the junk food at all.

However, now that Harmony and Blake are safely home (albeit their cars won't be unloaded for a while just in case another evacuation order comes through), I can relax and enjoy my clean, organized house - no, wait, now that I have cleared that study, I am going to have to PAINT it before I move anything back in - and with at least 482 more photographs found, I have to continue work on my combined "This-Is-Your-Life-And-See-I-Have-Photos-To-Prove-It" work-in-progress.

So the only question that remains tonight - am I beginning to use -s like Harmony uses ""?!

1 comments:

Harmony said...

It's been too long since I've read your blog--I love it! We need to print these out and make another book.

I'm so glad that I'm back in my house, but still a teeny bit disappointed that I can't come and see all your hard work. We HAVE to pick a date for us all to come (hopefully un-fire related) and admire!

PS Don't you know chocolate is totally calorie "free" ("like" that? Good use of "correct" quotation marks)