Friday, October 26, 2007

I am, pure and simple, a Harry Potter geek. I just happened upon "The Chamber of Secrets" on the Disney channel about a half hour ago, and I am jumping up and down and yelling, "HEY! I never saw this scene before!! This must be the uncut director's-cut left-on-the-editing-floor-until-today" (didn't we have a discussion about the over-use of -s just the other-day?!) version!" I am enjoying it WAY too much for being an adult of... well, maturing years.

This evening I went and played busboy (buswoman?) at my favorite local cafe (which sounds so chic as opposed to a place where the cook wears a baseball cap and mumus). Friday night is their busier night (all-you-can-eat fish fry - there, does that totally destroy the latte-image?), and I simply offered to help. Doing dishes can be a whole lot of fun... if you can keep the right attitude. And that is something that I should write a book about - I can do it about almost every time (exceptions being nauseous, somebody else driving a car that I am in, and cleaning the cat box).

Now, I must go through about 37 color samples I picked up to day at Lowe's, if nothing else to eliminate my concept of combining Clay Ridge with Coriander, Anjou Pear, and Chilled Cantalope (don't you just love the names they come up with for paint colors?). Since my husband is pretty much color-blind when it comes to anykind of pastel, I can have free rein on just about any color. What do you think about Honeysuckle Bloom, Old Man River, and Wheatgrass (which, I am convinced, are shades which can only be recognized by women or gay men).

Good night - and Tom Riddle is now accusing Hagrid of unleashing the Chamber of Secrets - ARGGGHHHHH - sorry, I can't stop!!

0 comments: