Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It's funny when someone has to cancel a lunch date with you - and you are secretly relieved. This is a friend who needs a great deal of support - and sometimes I just don't feel like being that supportive person - especially when you are trying to eat!

I am also trying to load a truck with an unreasonable amount of junk to take to the county dump. When you throw out twenty things, it suddenly becomes much easier to dispose of another twenty - and my truck's bed simply isn't that big! And since it's $5 a load, my money-conscience self (read that 'cheap') wants to get as much as possible in.

So my spare bedroom is getting cleared, with the main object being to have the extra room when/if my daughter's family comes for a late-Thanksgiving-very-early-Christmas. I am certain my hygienically-conscience girl (yes, I am more and more convinced that we must have gotten babies switched at the hospital) will want to stay in a hotel (for one thing, better cable), but I may be able to create a fun place for my grandkids to play (or to put the dog and cat in for the day).

0 comments: