Sunday, April 27, 2008

WHY AM I BEING PUNISHED?

I was taught first by my dad's example. He was always willing to help people out of holes they had dug themselves into, even when they would turn right around again with their shovel and begin again. I have sheltered more than a few stray persons, and have always tried to volunteer to help without any ulterior motive in mind.

BUT WHY OH WHY MUST I ALSO GET CALLED ON TO TEACH LITTLE KIDS?!?!?!?

I am fine with adult classes (that way I just play moderator and let the class teach it), and teenagers (because they already know it all) and even kids at about... well, eight or nine years old.

But six-year olds - especially THREE BOYS - rough and tumble, hitting and pinching each other, and TWO them convinced that Star Wars light-sabers were the answer to every problem. And one, yes, I am biased, sweet little girl who ended up resorting to violence simply to defend herself from the boys.

I'm too old for this - next time I am going to find out IN ADVANCE what age I am being asked to teach, and if it's under ten, JUST SAY NO.


0 comments: