Wednesday, September 24, 2008

RED-EYED FLIGHT

As I reminded Harmony and myself today, I am leaving the Aloha State at 9:35 p.m. Monday evening. Night flights are considerably cheaper, and because this trip has used up more of my cash than I planned, I definitely need to keep to it.


But how much can you do on a night flight?
I doubt there will be the two full-length movies we had on the flight in ("Leatherheads" and gee, what was the other obviously memorable one?) - I can just see the only two people on the flight watching it laughing and waking the rest of us up.

Could I get away with taking a sleeping pill, and subjecting the cabin to my snoring?

Should I use the time to complete Chapter Two of my novel?

How many games of Solitaire can you play in six hours?

Drink Diet Coke, eat chocolate, and pace the airplane for the entire flight?

Anyone else out there had experience with this type of flight, let me know of any workable plan and/or suggestions - Id be most grateful.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I'd vote for the sleeping pill. Just bring enough to share, so they can sleep through the snoring.

Lisa said...

And I forgot to mention- I LOVE that photo- I love Boston Terriers.

Jen said...

Oh, you think you actually get to LEAVE Hawaii?? Are you sure Harmony doesn't have any plans involving bribery and/or locking you in a basement?

(and on the odd chance that you DO get to leave, I vote drugs. And make sure you bring your own cozy blanket & pillow. Eric called me a wus at first for bringing mine, but it was so worth dragging them through the airport.)

Hope said...

Yes, I agree that it is ALWAYS worth it to bring your own pillow - it takes three airplane-type wads to even BEGIN to masquerade as a real pillow. I always brought a blanket too, but either I'm getting too fat or they simply don't cool planes down as much as they used to.

And, of course, my teddy bear

Harmony doesn't have a basement to lock me up in, and I have stipulated that I will stay ONLY if I can bring Najale (horse) and Murray (dog) over. She's still checking on airfare for them, so we'll see.

Hope said...

Yes, I agree that it is ALWAYS worth it to bring your own pillow - it takes three airplane-type wads to even BEGIN to masquerade as a real pillow. I always brought a blanket too, but either I'm getting too fat or they simply don't cool planes down as much as they used to.

And, of course, my teddy bear

Harmony doesn't have a basement to lock me up in, and I have stipulated that I will stay ONLY if I can bring Najale (horse) and Murray (dog) over. She's still checking on airfare for them, so we'll see.