Saturday, May 8, 2010

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY

My husband and I just celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary yesterday - apart, as usual.

It's difficult today to even imagine that tall and skinny couple we were, although I have the photos to prove it... and Photoshop wasn't even invented back then.


Living in college married housing.

Driving across country with a Vega and a trailer with all of our household belongings in it.

Surviving on an enlisted military salary - being eligible for welfare at the same time you are in the Army now.

Flying to Europe pregnant and with a 16 month old toddler.

Living in British military quarters - nothing is designed for anyone over 5'3" - and holding all leadership positions in a brand-new English-speaking branch.

Moving  from Europe to Hawaii, and living there for six years - the last year completely separated geographically from each other.

Ten years in Maryland - another seven years apart 80% of the time, including the first Gulf War. Retirement from the military and right into the civilian government positions.

Move to Arizona for another job and Hope's health.

I wonder what will happen over the next 32 years... and I have to admit, I hope ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

1 comments:

Annette said...

Congratulations you two! Hope, post some wedding photos!! I'd love to see them.