Wednesday, May 5, 2010

WHERE DO THE CHILDREN PLAY

Playing with a three-year old most of the day is opening up all sorts of diplomatic options to me. Any chance we can get the nations in the world to abide by these?


- You can make up the rules as you go along, but then you can change them immediately when they no longer make any sense or are not helping the game.


- No one ever loses - or perhaps it is better stated that everyone is on the winning side.


- And if someone looks like they are losing (particularly if it is you), you can change sides at any time.

When I'm with Kate, it's close to impossible to imagine car bombs, wars, and airport scanners. I know there is a huge difference between innocent and naive, but the unwary trust is incredibly refreshing, especially after living at home with the world's most negative person.

And when she does get mad, she blows up, freaks out, yells and screams... and then is completely over it.

Does anyone else remember this song by Cat Stevens (or Yusuf Islam, as he is now known)?

Just seems like these are the real important questions - not my-god-is-better-than-your-god.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Yes I know that one- I'm a big Cat Stevens fan. Give those kiddos a hug from me!